Hibiscus Sparkler Recipe
Aloha! August is winding down, and depending where you are in the world, the days may be getting shorter and the nights cooler. Or, like here in Hawaii, it may still be scorching and we can only dream of colder days and warm sweaters.
In an ode to the bright and dreamy days of summer, we wanted to share one of our favorite ways to wind down a long, hot summer day - the Hibiscus Sparkler! A blend of bright citrus, locally made hibiscus syrup, tart pineapple seltzer, and vodka, this cocktail is guaranteed to cool you down after a long day in the sun. Plus, it's equally as delicious served as a mocktail! Best served outside, barefoot, with good company.
HIBISCUS SPARKLER RECIPE
- 1.5 oz vodka
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1/3 cup pineapple sparkling water
- .5 oz Pono Potions Molokai’i Hibiscus Syrup (more or less depending on preferred sweetness)
- optional: cube and freeze some pitaya (dragonfruit) for fancy fuchsia ice cubes!
- Add vodka, lemon juice, hibiscus syrup and 1 cup of ice to a shaker
- Do your best bartender shake until the shaker is too cold to hold, I recommend doing this while dancing to your favorite tune!
- Pour over ice (or fancy fuchsia pitaya cubes)
- Top with pineapple sparkling water, give a swirl and cheers to the end of summer!
Leave a comment