Kaleigh and I often argue about who makes a better curry. She follows her recipe to more of a T and I tend to throw my ingredients into the pot by feel. Both curries are delicious, and because it's definitely easier to follow a real recipe than try to describe sprinklings, dashes and spoonfuls, I've enlisted her help to share one of our favorite one pot wonder recipes with you. If anyone has any tips for making rice that is neither undercooked, nor cooked to a pudding-like consistency, we'll definitely take them. We've tried all of the different ways, and still manage to struggle every time. Kaleigh is a huge fan of instant rice these days, whereas I rely on our rice cooker - though both of these ways tend to make pretty squishy rice. With all of that being said, the curry is DELISH and I hope you give it a try!
Golden Chicken Curry
- 1TBSP Coconut Oil
- 1 Small onion – diced
- 1 TBSP Ginger- diced
- 1 Clove Garlic – minced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper – diced
- 3 Carrots – sliced in rounds
- 1 Sweet Potato - cubed
- 2 Blocks of S&B Golden Curry Sauce Mix
- 1 Can of Coconut Milk
- 1/3 Cup of Water
- 1 Cup of Kale - chopped
- 1 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 2 Tsp Sriracha Chili Sauce
- 1lb of Chicken – cubed
- Grandy Oat Roasted Curry Cashews
- Ground black pepper
- In a large skillet/pot heat coconut oil and cook veggies until the carrots and sweet potato are soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once onions are translucent and carrots are soft add garlic and ginger, cook for 2 mins.
- Add cubed chicken, stir and season with salt and pepper.
- Add can of coconut milk, water and curry cubes. Mix thoroughly and let simmer until the cubes are dissolved. Taste and add soy sauce and sriracha to your liking.
- Let simmer for 10 mins on low heat. Right before you are ready to serve add chopped kale and give it time to wilt before plating.
- Serve on top of white rice and top with a handful of cilantro and cashews.
Adapted from Cookie and Kate: https://cookieandkate.com/thai-red-curry-recipe/