This is a classic, easy, affordable and obviously delicious meal that Kaleigh cooks at least once a month. I'm always given side duty and often pair the chicken with a green and a starch - asparagus and sweet potatoes on this occasion but we often use gold potatoes and green beans as another pairing.
- 4 bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
- Olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced
- ½ TBSP dried thyme
- Pre-heat oven and to 400°F. Drizzle the chicken thighs with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- Place the thighs skin-side down in a single layer in a large, cold cast iron skillet. Place the skillet over medium heat. and cook undisturbed for 15 minutes.
- When the skin is crispy and brown, flip the thighs so they are skin-side up. Place the lemon slices and thyme over the chicken. Roast in the oven until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, 13 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Adapted from Kitchn: https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-lemon-thyme-chicken-thighs-recipes-from-the-kitchn-201199